Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today {Reality Post}

 "Today is my moment, now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing . . . "

-John Denver

Sometimes its the 'little' things that make me the most inexplicably euphoric, nostalgic or emotional . . . or that careen my mind back in time and get me remembering.

Today my oldest lost his second front tooth, and is now officially missing his two front teeth! How did losing one little bitty tooth make him look less like my baby boy, and more like an independent, charming, sensitive, witty, energetic, thoughtful little man? How did we get here? Didn't he just get his two front teeth? Wasn't it just last week that I was up all night with a tired, teething baby, chewing on his fingers, toys, shirts, my shoulder . . .ANYTHING to help him cut those teeth through? Didn't he just start to crawl? to walk? to talk?

Well, now I love to hear him talk.  I love hearing him talk about his friends at school, about how cool "demento" tag is ;) , and about what kind of inventor he wants to be when he grows up. I love hearing him say "I love you infinity, Mama!" I love hearing him introduce himself to kids he doesn't know on the playground. I love hearing him practice his spelling words of the week. I love hearing him tell his baby sister night night. I love hearing his specific little prayers at bedtime. I love hearing him laugh with his daddy. And yes, I even love hearing his occasional moody complaints about why he can't stay up all night playing Wii with daddy, or why his little sister is so prone to messing up his Lego creations, or his annoyance at why marshmallows can't be his main source of sustenance.

Growing up so fast . . . I have to treasure up everything I love hearing one day at a time.

And today, for this day,  I am especially loving hearing him tooth-lessly say: "She sells seashells by the seashore."


:-)








No comments:

Post a Comment