Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Love You, a Bushel and a Peck!

"I love you, a bushel and a peck!
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck!
A hug around the neck, and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap, and I'm talkin' in my sleep.
About you.
About you!
About you!
My heart is leapin'!
I'm having trouble sleepin'!
'Cause I love you, a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do!
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle, oodle, oodle.
Doodle oodle oodle oo . . ."

- Guys and Dolls (The Musical)

Last Saturday was Apple Picking Day! The family headed up to Ellijay, Georgia; passing barns and orchards, cows and horses, goats and chickens along the way, and imitating every sound that each animal makes (of course!).

The kids LOVED picking the apples right off the trees. There is nothing in the world like seeing your kids' eyes light up, is there? I am addicted to that light . . . :)


Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where the fruit is? -Frank Scully


No comments:

Post a Comment