Monday, May 31, 2010

Go Chasin' Waterfalls

I know I've got you humming that tune now. . . "Don't go chasin' waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. . ." sorry 'bout that. It may be stuck there in your mind all day.  Its just one of those songs. ;)

Well, this Memorial Day Weekend, I didn't exactly follow TLC's advice. Ok, ok, I "get" that the song is metaphorical, ya'll. But I did chase some waterfalls. Real ones.

The hubby and I packed up the fam and headed to the Carolinas (my birthplace. . . I am indeed a true southern girl). We did encounter lots of rain. Boo. But we found the sunshine too. And the sun was shining for us the most on our trip to the falls. Nature is amazing, isn't it? No matter where you chase its' wonders, there is always more to behold.

And I just want to say Thank You, too, on this Memorial Day. Thank you to all the veterans and those who still serve to keep our country free. Thank You, Grandpa - our heroic Admiral McKean of the U.S. Navy. We love you!

Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment