Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You've Got A Friend In Me

Cue adorableness.
Cue the song you hear at the beginning of Disney's Toy Story about best buds.
Cue best-friend-brother-and-sister-duo, Spence and Ellie.

" . . . We stick together and we see it through
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be

A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you the way I do
It's me and you
And as the years go by
Boy, our friendship will never die
You're gonna see
It's our destiny
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me."


I always ask parents of the children I am photographing what it is they most want to remember and hold dear about this time in their child's life.  Because a true portrait is more than just a snapshot. A portrait should capture the essence of who you really are. Sure, there's the "science" of photography: lighting, composition, background, location, aperture, shutter speed. . . all of those details are important. . . but those details are not why I love photography.  I love photography because I love to see people. Really try to see who they are on the inside and try to bring it all to life - that nano-second of history that tells a story forever.  So for this shoot with Spence and Ellie, I was inspired by what their mom said about their wonderful, playful,  funny, silly, sweet-with-a-cherry-on-top friendship. It's pretty special. I mean, they even have a secret handshake, as you will see ;)














                                                         we "raised some eyebrows" ;)
          
    
    
   
         
                                                         the secret handshake! love it! ;)
                          
                                      And mom and dad sneaked into a few pics as well . . . .


















Bff's ;)


I had so much fun with you two, Spence and Ellie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment