Monday, March 21, 2011

Suddenly I See {Portraits for a Purpose}

"Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)

This is what I wanna be . . ."



- KT Tunstall

I had so much fun hanging out with Naima and her mom Nicole! I love meeting fellow New Yorkers at heart; we always seem to "get" each other. And we are just that much cooler than everyone else, so . . . (I'm kidding . . . sort of :D)  I got the privilege of photographing this pretty girl a few weeks ago, and it was such a treat for all of us as we strolled through Piedmont park and enjoyed some early spring sunshine - gosh, I just wanted to soak all of it up (and I did actually . . . I came back to the same spots later that same afternoon with the hubby and kiddos just to take advantage of the gorgeous day!)

So Naima (don't you just love her awesome name? and it has a great meaning as well) is a girl who is goin' places. She's got big plans and dreams, one of which is modeling. And um, yeah, I think you'll agree that she has got what it takes! More than anything, Naima, you take after your mom in that you are such a beautiful person on the inside, and I loved getting to chat with you and know you better. Nicole purchased this session at her law firm's charity auction benefiting the United Way , to support education and health, and to combat homelessness here in metro Atlanta.  Thank you Nicole and Naima for your part in helping such a great cause!

Naima - you go girl. Chase those dreams - you've got what it takes! xo, Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment